Dear 2019-20 Orchestra Families
Welcome to another great year of music in our schools from the Davis Schools Orchestral Music Association (DSOMA), the non-profit organization that serves the needs of many many aspects of the DJUSD Orchestra Program. Our students will continue to grow as musicians under the exciting and inspirational direction of our wonderful orchestra conductors and string teachers because of your help and support from the Davis community. Every year, we ask families to contribute to the costs of running the Emerson, Da Vinci & Harper Combined Jr. High Orchestra Program, and for needed support for the Elementary Strings Program. Please see below for details on each item:
- T-Shirts and Sweatshirts: All students are required to have an orchestra t-shirt to wear on field trips, various concerts and orchestra related events. Sweatshirts and additional t-shirts are available for purchase for students and parents. If scholarship is needed for purchase of a t-shirt, please contact Mr. Brucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or DSOMA at email@example.com
- Bowties: Boys will need bowties for formal concerts.
- School Instrument Use: DSOMA purchases, maintains and repairs the school owned instruments.
- Field Trips: Covering the Cost of all Field Trips for the Emerson, Da Vinci & Harper Combined Jr. High Orchestras
- DSOMA General Fund: Supports concerts, sheet music, classroom supplies, instrument purchases, etc.
Please Note: No student will ever be denied the ability to participate in any school event based on a family’s ability to contribute financially or in kind.
How To Order
Our Online Store will only accept credit card orders. If you are paying by credit card, please also turn in the hard copy form to your child’s classroom. If you desire to pay in cash or by check, please turn in the hard copy form provided with cash or check. The Store does not accept cash or check orders.
All clothing (shirts, sweatshirts, bowtie), will be delivered to the student in class. All T-shirt and Sweatshirt order forms must be turned in in hard copy to Mr. Brucker in class, if the student is enrolled. Payment can be made online by credit card. Bowtie orders and payments can be made online or in class. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Mr. Brucker at email@example.com with any questions,